We currently carry out electrical testing for all commercial and industrial properties. This includes:
- Industrial units
- Residential homes
Why is a test certificate needed?
There are many reasons why you may need a electrical test certificate. They may include:
- Change of ownership
- Change of use
- New wiring / installation
- After water or fire damage
- Expiry of past certificates
What we test?
- Visual check, this will show 95% of most faults.
- Check of all wires from the fuse board to lights and sockets, by means of test equipment, to see if the earth cables are okay and the insulation is not going to fail.
- Check of compliance, to see if what is there also meets the current regulations.
- Completion of test documentation.
Paperwork is of significant importance when having any electrician undertake testing or other electrical work. There is a legal requirement to provide certificates for all new installation work carried out. This provides you with paperwork showing all the testing carried out on a particular circuit, it demonstrates that work carried out on the circuit or installation is safe and you can then provide this when you come to sell your home or if you decide to rent the property. Electrical safety certificates also cover you in the event of an insurance claim as you have proof that work carried out was safe at the time. You will have peace of mind that the work carried out has been done to a high standard and meeting all legal requirements.
Based in Greater Manchester, we are ideally positioned to provide services to the North West of England. If you are looking for a commercial electrical contractor, please contact us or call 01706 355566.